Do you have a bucket list - things you hope to achieve in your lifetime and somehow you've lost sight of them, distracted by the mundane life routine, preoccupied with work? I recalled the scenes from the movie, "A Walk to Remember" (based on a true story) - how sweet Landon Carter helped his love, Jamie Sullivan (who was dying of leukemia), ticked off as many items from her bucket list.
I was relieved that Jamie came clean and informed Landon of her ailing health instead of keeping it a secret from him (especially him). She was honest in confessing that she was scared of not being with him (coz she loved him), "I do not need a reason to be angry with God (for making me feel this way about you, putting me in this predicament; there must be a reason for it)". And in the end she got her answer - that Landon was the 'miracle' in her bucket list (her 'angel' who helped her through all that she was going through)".
After her passing, Landon reminisced his time with her as he looked forlornly at the sunset smiling, "There are moments when I wished I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have a feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well. I miss her but our love is like the wind - I can't see it but will always feel it." That's life, you accept the good as well as the bad. Only then can you make the best of those moments and capture the memories for a lifetime. I'll end my post with the song, "Only Hope" sung by Mandy Moore (who played Jamie Sullivan in the movie) ❤

No comments:
Post a Comment